Become a certified Ayurvedic Self-Care Teacher
One year online training for wellness professionals and family healers to help themselves and their community heal fast and sustainably.
Deepen your health practice or step confidently into teaching.ASCT COURSE DETAILS
Meet global experts in a range of health fields live online
To broaden and deepen your knowledge, ASCT training brings you into the classroom with global experts in Ayurveda, teaching, business skills and more, who want to help you build your confidence and take Ayurveda into the world to help others in your unique way. ASCT is designed to work with your strengths. Optional live training events planned for 2023.
Learn, experience, teach
One of the best ways to learn and to guide others in becoming more healthy is to experience health improvements yourself. In this complete training program you'll do two seasonal Ayurvedic cleanses, practical and theory based assessments, case studies and electives that suit your work in the world. We help you build your wellness business while you're studying and recoup your course fee through community building.
Focused and full of really useful content
ASCT training is ancient wisdom science with a focus on contemporary application in doable modules that build competencies. Available full-time only with 12 study hours a week including online modules plus 3 hours a week live online practical sessions. All reading and assessment material provided. There are study breaks built into the course and currently one intake in January.
C2 January 2021
Course start date 27/01/2021
Course end date 26/01/2022
Applications close 23/12/20 You will be notified of enrolment within 5 days.
C3 January 2022
Course start date 26/01/2022
Course end date 25/01/2023
Courses run online with a blend of live classes and self-study from the resource Library that students have access to ongoing. Support is available through the student forum and email with teachers.
Optional live training sessions are proposed for 2023 - they will be made available at a discount for 2021 and 2022 graduates.
ASCT is a solid course with a total of 600 hours comprising 12 hours per week self-study and 3 hours per week live online classes. Online classes are delivered on Sundays with tutorials in the evening mid-week. The 40 weeks are divided into 4 terms with holiday periods.
The course includes live online instruction, Ayurvedic practice, research, reading, teaching experience, plus assignments and assessments. You'll be provided with a timetable closer to your start date.
The program is divided into practical workshop sessions and theory classes which cover the key elements for developing the skills and knowledge to teach Ayurvedic self-care safely and confidently. This is a solid program designed to build student's abilities to a high level in a relatively short time.
The session subjects include fundamental anatomy and physiology, Ayurvedic nutrition, time management and more. A key aspect of the course is the methodology for teaching vital Dinacharya daily health habits. Students are to complete two 21 day Ayurvedic Cleanse programs during their course as a learning intensive. The Cleanse program cost is included in ASCT.
The 1 year Certificate in Ayurvedic Self-Care Teacher AUD$9500
The tuition fees include all training and learning materials. There is no application fee.
Certificate in Ayurvedic Self-Care Teacher fees are payable as follows:
- Deposit of AUD$1500 payable upon acceptance of application
- A further AUD$3000 due on the first day of the course term 1
- A payment of AUD$2500 required before the start of term 2
- A final payment of AUD$2500 required before the start of term 3
We offer Scholarships - apply above. There are 25 student places in each intake to ensure students get focused support within a class setting. If minimum enrolment numbers aren't met, students will be offered a place in the next intake.
Modules run from 1-6 weeks and cover related topics in Units.
1. Work within Ayurvedic philosophy and principles
Units include Ayurvedic psychology.
2. Understand Ayurvedic health science
This module covers Dhatu, Agni, Ama, Malas, Dosha, Srotas, Gunas, Maha Gunas, the 5 elements, Dinacharya, Ritucharya, Prana, Tejas and Ojas.
3. Recognise healthy body systems
Including units in fundamental Anatomy and Physiology, nutrition and disease process.
4. Perform and teach Ayurvedic Self-Care practices
This module includes Marma based therapy, routines for healing.
5. Maintain practitioner self-care
Time management, positive environments, 9 habits of Dinacharya.
6. Apply health assessment techniques
Learn how to perform tongue analysis, elemental body typing and address all 5 pillars of healthy lifestyle.
7. Person centred counselling
Units on relationship, knowing when to refer and not treat, coaching skills, managing difficult situations.
Electives (choose any 2)
- Develop a healthy business - suitable for start ups and existing businesses.
- Healthy families - includes Ayurvedic cooking, routines and care for mothers and babies.
- Plant based medicine - introduction to Herbal and Kitchen Pharmacy.
The objective of assessment is for the student to show that they have achieved the unit’s competencies. Assessment methods:
- Observation – the completion of a specified task or set of procedures, normally performed under close supervision, using a detailed checklist.
- Oral questioning – a response is provided to a series of questions presented in order to demonstrate understanding of principles or reasoning behind the action taken.
- Case study – an opportunity to display problem solving and decision making skills is provided in simulated and real world contexts.
- Multiple choice and short answers - online quiz.
- Project – an exercise or investigation based on a real life situation and involving the completion of a project report.
Are there any pre-requisites or conditions?
Will I get experience and be recognised?
How many intakes are there?
As an ASCT what will I be qualified to do?
What if I change my mind or am unable to complete the course?
What ongoing support is available after completing the ASCT training course?
I have a question about ASCT
Get in touch today and we'll reply within two working days.
If for any reason we do not secure IICT approval for ASCT certification, which is currently pending, we guarantee to provide our graduates with an equivalent.